Today's project is to make a Christmas pillowcase. This would make a great gift to anyone who loves Christmas! The pillowcase is made from soft and cozy flannel which makes it perfect to cuddle up to on a cold winter night. To make the pillowcases you need:
Fabric used in this tutorial is Bonnie and Camilles's Vintage Christmas. It can be found here. Some of you received the tree fabric for the body and some received the aqua polka dots. All of the kits in this package have already been cut to the size needed.
Take your trim fabric and fold in half lengthwise with right sides out. Press.
Layer your fabric:
10. Trim off the edge so you are left with a straight edge with no selvedge.
11. Pin outside edges together with right sides out (making a french seam). Sew 1/4 inch seam down side and across bottom.
12. Trim off 1/8" of the seams that you just sewed. Flip the fabric inside out so the wrong side of the body is facing out now. Press.
13. Sew 1/4" seam along the seams you just sewed (side and bottom). Turn right way out and press.
14. You now have a pillowcase with lovely enclosed seams.
15. Your finished pillowcase.
Congratulations of finishing your pillowcase! We would love to see your finished project. You can post a photo on our facebook page which can be found here.
For those of you who find it easier to follow a video, a great video tutorial on making pillowcases can be found here.